||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
- Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure or weigh materials, using rulers, calculators, and scales.
- Mix and test solutions, and turn valves to fill tanks with solutions.
- Position containers to receive parts, and load or unload materials in containers, using dollies or handtrucks.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
- Measure and mix ingredients to prepare glue.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
- Stir material with spoons or paddles to mix ingredients or allow even cooling and prevent coagulation.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Load equipment receptacles or conveyors with material to be processed, by hand or using hoists.
- Weigh or measure specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.
- Feed fuel, such as coal and coke, into fireboxes or onto conveyors, and remove ashes from furnaces, using shovels and buckets.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products at specified intervals to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Load materials into machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
- Add or mix chemicals and ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Weigh ingredients to be mixed together for use in textile processing.
- Mount rolls of cloth on machines, using hoists, or place textile goods in machines or pieces of equipment.
- Creel machines with bobbins or twine.
||Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Fill tanks of processing machines with solutions such as developer, dyes, stop-baths, fixers, bleaches, or washes.
- Measure and mix chemicals to prepare solutions for processing, according to formulas.
- Load circuit boards, racks or rolls of film, negatives, or printing paper into processing or printing machines.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Pour, scoop, or dump specified ingredients, metal assemblies, or mixtures into sections of machine prior to starting machines.
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Weigh materials to be charged into furnaces, using scales.
- Kindle fires, and shovel fuel and other materials into furnaces or onto conveyors by hand, with hoists, or by directing crane operators.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Weigh and mix pelletized, granular, or powdered thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments.
- Load machine hoppers with mixed materials, using augers, or stuff rolls of plastic dough into machine cylinders.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Measure, weigh, or mix cleaning solutions, using measuring tanks, calibrated rods or suction tubes.
- Load machines with objects to be processed and unload them after cleaning, placing them on conveyors or racks.
- Combine measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery.
- Measure or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or icings, using scales or graduated containers.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Measure or weigh ingredients, using scales or measuring containers.
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Draw thread through machine guide slots, needles, and presser feet in preparation for stitching, or load rolls of wire through machine axles.
- Load hot-melt plastic rod glue through reactivator axles, using wrenches, and switch on reactivators, setting temperature and timers to heat glue to specifications.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dump, pour, or load specified amounts of refined or unrefined materials into equipment or containers for further processing or storage.
- Measure or weigh materials to be refined, mixed, transferred, stored, or otherwise processed.