Details Report for:
11-9072.00 - Entertainment and Recreation Managers, Except Gambling
Plan, direct, or coordinate entertainment and recreational activities and operations of a recreational facility, including cruise ships and parks.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Administer first aid in emergency situations.
- Assign tasks and work hours to staff.
- Calculate and record department expenses and revenue.
- Clean equipment and areas of amusement park, cruise ship, or other recreational facility.
- Explain rules and regulations of facilities and entertainment attractions to customers.
- Inspect equipment, such as rides, games, and vehicles, to detect wear and damage.
- Interview and hire associates to fill staff vacancies.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical equipment in amusement parks, cruise ships, or other recreational facilities.
- Plan programs of events or schedules of activities.
- Plan, organize, or lead group activities for customers, such as exercise routines, athletic events, or arts and crafts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
- Store and retrieve equipment, such as vehicles, radios, and ride components.
- Talk to coworkers using electronic devices, such as computers and radios.
- Talk to customers to convey information about events or activities.
- Train workers in company procedures or policy.
- Write and present strategies for recreational facility programming using customer or employee data.
- Write budgets to plan recreational activities or programs.
- Accounting software — Intuit QuickBooks
- Analytical or scientific software — IBM SPSS Statistics ; SAS
- Business intelligence and data analysis software — IBM Cognos Impromptu ; Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition ; Qlik Tech QlikView
- Computer based training software — Blackboard software
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Salesforce software
- Data base reporting software — SAP Crystal Reports
- Data base user interface and query software — Airtable; Data entry software ; Microsoft Access ; Oracle software
- Desktop communications software — Eko
- Development environment software — Microsoft Visual Basic ; Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications VBA
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat ; Dropbox
- Electronic mail software — IBM Notes ; Microsoft Exchange ; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics GP ; NetSuite ERP ; Oracle Hyperion ; Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (see all 7 examples)
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Microsoft Visio
- Human resources software — ADP Workforce Now ; Oracle Taleo
- Instant messaging software — Blink; GroupMe
- Network conferencing software — LogMeIn GoToWebinar
- Office suite software — Google Drive ; Microsoft Office
- Operating system software — Apple macOS ; Linux ; Microsoft Windows
- Presentation software — Apple Keynote; Google Slides; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software — Confluence ; Microsoft Teams; Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management ; Slack (see all 6 examples)
- Sales and marketing software — Google AdWords ; HubSpot software ; Marketo Marketing Automation
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Video conferencing software — Cisco Systems Webex; Google Meet; LogMeIn GoToMeeting
- Video creation and editing software — Flipgrid; Loom; YouTube
- Web page creation and editing software — Facebook ; LinkedIn ; Social media sites
- Word processing software — Evernote; Google Docs ; Microsoft Word
Hot Technology — a technology requirement frequently included in employer job postings.
- Explain regulations, policies, or procedures.
- Provide attraction or event information to patrons.
- Apply bandages, dressings, or splints.
- Assign duties or work schedules to employees.
- Clean equipment or supplies.
- Clean facilities or sites.
- Conduct eligibility or selection interviews.
- Confer with personnel to coordinate business operations.
- Develop organizational policies or programs.
- Exchange information with colleagues.
- Explain use of products or services.
- Hire personnel.
- Inspect condition or functioning of facilities or equipment.
- Lead classes or community events.
- Maintain supply or equipment inventories.
- Operate vehicles or material-moving equipment.
- Plan community programs or activities for the general public.
- Plan conferences, programs, or special events.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Reconcile records of sales or other financial transactions.
- Resolve customer complaints or problems.
- Train service staff.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wage data for Personal Service Managers, All Other; Entertainment and Recreation Managers, Except Gambling; and Managers, All Other.
Employment data for Personal Service Managers, All Other; Entertainment and Recreation Managers, Except Gambling; and Managers, All Other.
Industry data for Personal Service Managers, All Other; Entertainment and Recreation Managers, Except Gambling; and Managers, All Other.
|Median wages (2020)||$55.94 hourly, $116,350 annual|
|Employment (2019)||1,189,200 employees|
|Projected growth (2019-2029)||Decline (-1% or lower)|
|Projected job openings (2019-2029)||74,500|
|Top industries (2019)||
Government (11% employed in this sector)
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020 wage data and 2019-2029 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.