||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Perform personal bookkeeping services.
- Prepare trial balances of books.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- File and maintain loan records.
||Gambling and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Collect bets in the form of cash or chips, verifying and recording amounts.
- Record the number of tickets cashed and the amount paid out after each race or event.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Modify, update, or process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
||First-Line Supervisors of Gambling Services Workers
- Perform paperwork required for monetary transactions.
- Record, issue receipts for, and pay off bets.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
- Update client address and meter location information.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
||Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks
- Keep records of customers' charges and payments.
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
||Baggage Porters and Bellhops
- Compute and complete charge slips for services rendered and maintain records.
||Gambling Cage Workers
- Record casino exchange transactions, using cash registers.
- Pay bills and record checks issued.
||Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- Record services provided on cashiers' tickets or receive payment from customers.
- Perform accounting duties, such as recording daily cash flow, preparing bank deposits, or generating financial statements.
- Receive, verify, and record patrons' cash wagers.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Keep money drawers in order, and record and balance daily transactions.