||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, adjust, and remove dies, synchronizing cams, forging hammers, and stop guides, using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices, and hand tools.
- Remove dies from machines when production runs are finished.
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Operate and maintain laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates without the use of film.
- Maintain, adjust, and clean equipment, and perform minor repairs.
- Operate and maintain a variety of cameras and equipment, such as process, line, halftone, and color separation cameras, enlargers, electronic scanners, and contact equipment.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove parts, such as dies, from machines after production runs are finished.
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Repair or replace damaged molds, pipes, belts, chains, or other equipment, using hand tools, hand-powered presses, or jib cranes.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Clean and maintain equipment, using water hoses and scrapers.
- Replace worn parts and adjust equipment components, using hand tools.
- Perform equipment maintenance, such as cleaning tanks and lubricating moving parts of conveyors.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove housings, feed tubes, tool holders, or other accessories to replace worn or broken parts, such as springs or bushings.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs.
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
||Power Plant Operators
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Replenish electrolytes in batteries and oil in voltage transformers, and reset tripped electric relays.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
- Clean or maintain products, machines, or work areas.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Replace worn or defective equipment parts, using hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment, using scrapers, solvents, air hoses, oil, and hand tools.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove spindles from machines and bobbins from spindles.
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Maintain, repair, and lubricate equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Clean and maintain tanks, filter beds, and other work areas, using hand tools and power tools.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
- Replace worn dies when products vary from specifications.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Operate and maintain finishing machines to grind, drill, sand, bevel, decorate, wash, or polish glass or glass products.
- Repair broken scrolls by replacing them with new sections of tubing.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
- Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Clean, maintain, and repair equipment, using hand tools, or request that repair and maintenance work be performed.
- Change charts in recording meters.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Remove holding devices and finished items from machines.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Sharpen blades or replace defective or worn blades or bands, using hand tools.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Replace, true, and sharpen blades, drills, and plates.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.