||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Examine finished ware for defects and measure dimensions, using rule and thickness gauge.
- Verify accuracy of shapes and sizes of objects, using calipers and templates.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Inspect, feel, and measure workpieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Inspect dies to detect defects, assess wear, and verify specifications, using micrometers, steel gauge pins, and loupes.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, or dial indicators.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Inspect materials, components, or products for surface defects and measure circuitry, using electronic test equipment, precision measuring instruments, microscope, and standard procedures.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Verify dimensions of products, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, vernier gauges, or protractors.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Verify that bottom edges of articles are level, using straightedges or by rocking them back and forth on flat surfaces.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Verify dimensions and contours of models during hand-forming processes, using templates and measuring devices.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Examine and measure completed materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as tape measures, gauges, or calipers.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect sample workpieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Verify conformance of patterns or template dimensions to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and examine extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Verify quality of finished workpieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions, or testing them in working machinery.