||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Confer with data processing or project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for data processing projects.
||Information Security Analysts
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
||Operations Research Analysts
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
||Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
||Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Meet with managers, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
||Computer Network Architects
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, alert them to future needs, resolve problems, or address system maintenance issues.
||Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Confer with users to analyze, configure, or troubleshoot applications.
||Information Technology Project Managers
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
||Document Management Specialists
- Exercise security surveillance over document processing, reproduction, distribution, storage, or archiving.