- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Convert various types of files for printing or for the Internet, using computer software.
- Prepare sample layouts for approval, using computer software.
- Edit graphics and photos, using pixel or bitmap editing, airbrushing, masking, or image retouching.
- Enter text into computer keyboard and select the size and style of type, column width, and appropriate spacing for printed materials.
- Create special effects such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining, and add elements such as sound and animation to electronic publications.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Post relevant work hours to client files to bill clients properly.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compile budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting, or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments or employees.
- Retrieve, separate, and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
- Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Compile, record, and code results or data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Collect and analyze data, such as studying old records, tallying the number of outpatients entering each day or week, or participating in federal, state, or local population surveys as a Census Enumerator.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
||Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Sort, assemble, and proof completed work.
- Prepare and process papers for use in scanning, microfilming, and microfiche.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
||Insurance Claims Clerks
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Assemble photographs with printed license information to produce completed documents.
- Package bioinformatics data for submission to public repositories.
- Compile and analyze credit information gathered by investigation.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Keep records pertaining to menus, finances, and other business-related issues.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.