||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect coated or plated areas for defects, such as air bubbles or uneven coverage.
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Inspect etched work for depth of etching, uniformity, and defects, using calibrated microscopes, gauges, fingers, or magnifying lenses.
- Examine engraving for quality of cut, burrs, rough spots, and irregular or incomplete engraving.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections, or by using viscometers.
- Examine, measure, weigh, or test sample products to ensure conformance to specifications.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments, such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Verify depths and dimensions of cuts or carvings to ensure adherence to specifications, blueprints, or models, using measuring instruments.
- Move fingers over surfaces of carvings to ensure smoothness of finish.
- Verify accuracy of shapes and sizes of objects, using calipers and templates.
- Examine finished ware for defects and measure dimensions, using rule and thickness gauge.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Examine finished plates to detect flaws, verify conformity with master plates, and measure dot sizes and centers, using light boxes and microscopes.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, or dial indicators.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and examine extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Weigh or measure products, using scale hoppers or scale conveyors.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
- Inspect materials, components, or products for surface defects and measure circuitry, using electronic test equipment, precision measuring instruments, microscope, and standard procedures.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Inspect and measure workpieces to mark for cuts and to verify the accuracy of cuts, using rulers, squares, or caliper rules.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Verify dimensions of products, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, vernier gauges, or protractors.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Verify that bottom edges of articles are level, using straightedges or by rocking them back and forth on flat surfaces.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.