||First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
- Take disciplinary action to address performance problems.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of personnel, including support staff engaged in administering academic institutions, departments, or alumni organizations.
- Appoint individuals to faculty positions, and evaluate their performance.
||Training and Development Managers
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
||Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
- Hire and train employees, and evaluate their performance.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
||Natural Sciences Managers
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
||Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
- Train new workers or evaluate their performance.
||Investment Fund Managers
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Assign and review the work of subordinates.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
||Medical and Health Services Managers
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Assign, supervise, and review the activities of public relations staff.
||First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Monitor and evaluate the job performance of subordinates, and authorize promotions and transfers.
- Assess employee performance and suggest ways to improve work.
||First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- Monitor behavior of subordinates to ensure alert, courteous, and professional behavior toward inmates, parolees, fellow employees, visitors, and the public.
- Evaluate workers' performance and prepare written performance evaluations.
||Treasurers and Controllers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Evaluate staff performance, recording evaluations on appropriate forms.
- Supervise staff, training them, planning their work, and evaluating their performance.