||Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.
- Fasten safety devices for patrons, or provide them with directions for fastening devices.
- Answer inquiries from the general public regarding judicial procedures, court appearances, trial dates, adjournments, outstanding warrants, summonses, subpoenas, witness fees, or payment of fines.
- Instruct parties about timing of court appearances.
- Explain procedures or forms to parties in cases or to the general public.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Meet with staff to discuss rules, regulations, and work-related problems.
||Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Answer applicants' questions about benefits and claim procedures.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Inform clients of essential travel information, such as travel times, transportation connections, or medical and visa requirements.
- Answer inquiries regarding information, such as schedules, accommodations, procedures, or policies.
||First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
||Tour Guides and Escorts
- Distribute brochures, show audiovisual presentations, and explain establishment processes and operations at tour sites.
- Provide information about wildlife varieties and habitats, as well as any relevant regulations, such as those pertaining to hunting and fishing.
||Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Answer questions or provide advice to the public regarding licensing policies, procedures, or regulations.
- Inform customers by mail or telephone of additional steps they need to take to obtain licenses.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Interpret transportation or tariff regulations, shipping orders, safety regulations, or company policies and procedures for workers.
- Explain and demonstrate work tasks to new workers or assign training tasks to experienced workers.
||First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Write to field representatives, medical personnel, or others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
||Insurance Claims Clerks
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Explain federal and state tax laws to individuals and companies.
- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
- Explain economic impact of policies to the public.
||Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors
- Tag garbage or recycling containers to inform customers of problems, such as excess garbage or inclusion of items that are not permitted.
||Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants
- Explain and demonstrate safety procedures and safety equipment use.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Provide customers with information about casino operations.