||Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Direct or supervise nursing care staff in the provision of patient therapy.
- Instruct nursing staff in areas such as the assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of disability, illness, management, technology, or resources.
- Coordinate or conduct educational programs or in-service training sessions on topics, such as clinical procedures.
- Write nursing orders.
- Identify training needs or conduct training sessions for nursing students or medical staff.
||Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Assist with on-the-job training of new employees or students or provide input to supervisors regarding training performance.
- Assign duties to radiologic staff to maintain patient flows and achieve production goals.
- Provide students or other technicians and technologists with suggestions of additional views, alternate positioning, or improved techniques to ensure the images produced are of the highest quality.
- Instruct radiologic staff in desired techniques, positions, or projections.
- Direct nuclear medicine technologists or technicians regarding desired dosages, techniques, positions, and projections.
- Teach nuclear medicine, diagnostic radiology, or other specialties at graduate educational level.
- Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to trainees or other healthcare personnel.
- Teach, train, supervise, or use the assistance of students, respiratory therapy technicians, or assistants.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Train and supervise support staff, such as orthopedic and prosthetic assistants and technicians.
- Show and explain orthopedic and prosthetic appliances to healthcare workers.
||Family Medicine Physicians
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Train residents, medical students, and other health care professionals.
||Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Supervise or coordinate the work of physicians, nurses, statisticians, or other professional staff members.
- Teach or train medical staff regarding preventive medicine issues.
- Direct the work of nurses, residents, or other staff to provide patient care.
- Teach or train medical and clinical staff.
- Inform students and staff of types and methods of anesthesia administration, signs of complications, and emergency methods to counteract reactions.
- Coordinate and direct work of nurses, medical technicians, and other health care providers.
- Conduct research or provide instruction on subject matter related to athletic training or sports medicine.
- Teach sports medicine courses to athletic training students.
||Critical Care Nurses
- Supervise and monitor unit nursing staff.
- Plan, provide, or evaluate educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary health care team members, or community members.
- Provide training to medical students or staff members.
- Supervise medical technicians in the performance of neurological diagnostic or therapeutic activities.
- Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
- Educate and supervise audiology students and health care personnel.
- Teach medical dosimetry, including its application, to students, radiation therapists, or residents.
- Teach physical therapy students or those in other health professions.
- Select, schedule, or conduct orientation or in-service education programs.
- Teach students or other staff.
- Provide training and supervision in therapy techniques and objectives for students or nurses and other medical staff.
- Train or instruct new employees on procedures to follow with psychiatric patients.