- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
||Accountants and Auditors
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Prepare, analyze, or verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Prepare detailed budgets and financial reports for properties.
- Maintain records of sales, rental or usage activity, special permits issued, maintenance and operating costs, or property availability.
- Negotiate the sale, lease, or development of property and complete or review appropriate documents and forms.
- Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
- Compile and maintain records relating to circulation, materials, and equipment.
- Compile data and create statistical reports on library usage.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Maintain files, such as maintenance records, bills of lading, or cost reports.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
||First-Line Supervisors of Security Workers
- Log items distributed to persons, such as keys and key cards.
- Write and present department budgets to upper management or other stakeholders.
- Record animal characteristics such as weights, growth patterns, and diets.
- Maintain logs of semen specimens used and animals bred.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Track accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job to calculate client fees for professional services, such as legal or accounting services.
- Compile reports of cost factors, such as labor, production, storage, and equipment.
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
||Education and Childcare Administrators, Preschool and Daycare
- Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
- Prepare and submit budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
||Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
||Treasurers and Controllers
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
||Food Service Managers
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
||Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers
- Collect and record growth, production, and environmental data.
- Maintain financial, operational, production, or employment records for farms or ranches.
||Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse
- Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
- Record information about plants and plant growth.
||First-Line Supervisors of Firefighting and Prevention Workers
- Maintain required maps and records.
- Perform administrative duties, such as compiling and maintaining records, completing forms, preparing reports, or composing correspondence.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Report all positions or trading results.
- Prepare financial reports to monitor client or corporate finances.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
||Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Prepare written reports that estimate property values, outline methods by which the estimations were made, and meet appraisal standards.
- Prepare reports to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.