||Librarians and Media Collections Specialists
- Keep up-to-date records of circulation and materials, maintain inventory, and correct cataloging errors.
- Evaluate vendor products and performance, negotiate contracts, and place orders.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Negotiate and authorize purchase, sale, exchange, or loan of collections.
- Establish specifications for reproductions and oversee their manufacture or select items from commercially available replica sources.
- Order all print and non-print library materials, checking prices, figuring costs, preparing order slips, and making payments.
- Claim missing issues of periodicals and journals.
- File catalog cards according to system used.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Examine and inventory firefighting equipment, such as axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers, to determine amount and condition.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
||Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Request or order physical education equipment, following standard procedures.
- Maintain inventory of instructional equipment, materials, or aids.
||Career/Technical Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Select and assemble books, materials, supplies, and equipment for training, courses, or projects.
- Acquire, maintain, and repair laboratory equipment and tools.
- Collect and store patterns and lumber.
- Inventory equipment and supplies, ordering parts and tools as necessary.
||Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
- Maintain props, products, or mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections, doing touch-ups, cleaning up after customers, or applying preservative coatings as necessary.
- Store, pack, and maintain inventory records of props, products, or display items.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Acquire, or arrange for acquisition of, specimens or graphics required to complete exhibits.
- Select and purchase lumber and hardware necessary for set construction.
||First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers
- Requisition or purchase supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, or tools.
- Issue equipment, such as farm implements, machinery, ladders, or containers to workers, and collect equipment when work is complete.
||Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary School, Except Special Education
- Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
- Maintain inventories of materials.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, and audio-visual and other materials.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Locate new materials and direct their acquisition and display.
- Select or design, and purchase furnishings, art work, and accessories.
||Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Maintain inventories of spare parts for all equipment, requisitioning parts as necessary.